Amazon On-Site Publishing Program
As an early publisher in Amazon’s Onsite Associates Program, I created an editorial system to customize thousands of articles from over thirty publishers for Amazon.com’s product listings.
- Taking several XML data dumps, I customized Python scripts to clean up the data for import into WordPress
- Ingested thousands of newspaper articles from XML into a custom post type in WordPress
- Created an editorial backend system for editors to write custom articles in the format for Amazon output
- Programmed custom RSS feeds matching Amazon’s exact specs—a feat many outside publishers admitted they could not accomplish
- Troubleshoot feeds, assisted editors on proper data input, established best practices workflow for article creation.
- Built reports in Google Sheets that automatically sync with XML output from WordPress