A summary of the points:
- Facebook: too noisy, doesn’t show you everything from your Pages
- Instagram: too noisy, too slow (scroll, scroll, scroll through images)
- Twitter: not quite the visual medium yet
- Pinterest: Super-cool second placer, but they throw too many other things into your feed
- Flickr: more of a research tool than a discovery tool
Why Feedly wins:
- Pick your exact sources.
- Ability to see all posts (Feedly does not pick them for you).
- Once you mark an article as read, you never have to look at it again.
- Mobile ready (of course the other social media services offer this, so it’s really three points)
For all the details, read the full post on my creativity blog.